Here is one thing that most of us have in common: whether you are a skin care enthusiast or someone just looking for a quick acne or puffy eye fix, we are always conscious of how much we spend on the products that we use.
There are situations where the price of a product is more than what was expected or more than the allotted budget. In some cases, people are compelled to put a product back on the rack and just turn their backs on it. Although this is not the ideal case, especially with the products we need and intend to use for treating certain skin and health issues, it is simply unavoidable.
For most people, the goal is to have blemish-free, smooth, and young-looking skin, and with the wide selection of products and wider price range, it’s hard for most to choose which products would give them the most beneficial effects on the targeted skin condition for the least amount of money.
Take melasma, for example. Melasma is very common among women, especially pregnant women. This makes the skin of an individual speckled with light or dark brown spots that commonly affect the areas of the face. Melasma is found to affect women more than their male counterparts, especially those who are taking oral contraceptives and hormones. Studies suggest that estrogen and progesterone are the causes of melasma, and pregnant women are more at risk since progesterone levels rise about 10 times higher compared to non-pregnant women.
Evident skin conditions, such as melasma, can be treated with certain products or combinations of products. Peeling agents, vitamin serums, and creams are often used in combination to help minimize the discoloration brought on by melasma. There is also Pynocare, the only FDA-approved oral treatment formulated to combat the effects of melasma, for those who want to fight melasma from within.
Pynocare and its Benefits
Pynocare is a combination of active ingredients like procyanidin, ascorbic acid, beta carotene, and d-alpha-tocopheryl acetate. It is the first and only FDA-approved oral treatment that is clinically proven to reduce melasma or dark spot formation with continued 8–12-week use.
Pynocare has an MSCC, or Melasma Skin Clear Complexion Complex, formulation that targets and deeply penetrates the inner layers of the skin to help normalize the melanin levels and reduce the appearance of dark spots.
Procyanidin works as a potent antioxidant and has anti-inflammatory properties. In addition, vitamin E is also a powerful antioxidant that reduces peroxide levels in the body. This is a form of free radical that can start a chain reaction that can harm cells in the body.
Vitamin C, on the other hand, prevents melanin formation and helps lighten damaged skin cells, making them appear lighter. To wrap things up, beta carotene, or vitamin A, is known to enhance the effects of vitamins C and E, making them more effective and their effects more evident.
Although Pynocare has been shown to exhibit minimal to no side effects, it is still best to consult your physician prior to using it, especially if you are being treated for other conditions. It is also not advisable for pregnant and lactating women.
Where can I buy Pynocare in the Philippines?
Now, despite all the benefits and great things highlighted above, one question that might be on your mind right now is: “Where can I buy this one?” and most importantly, “How much?”
Pynocare is an over-the-counter drug available at various leading drugstores in the Philippines. It can be sold per capsule or per box, and one box contains 20 capsules. It is also available on leading online shopping websites in the Philippines for those who love to shop online.
Below are some of the shops or stores where you can get your hands on Pynocare:
- LifePal on Shopee and Lazada: Php 70 per capsule, Php 1,400 per box of 20. One benefit that you can get from ordering the product on these online shopping platforms is that you get to enjoy discounts during sales, and it can also be delivered to your doorstep. Just make sure to order from accredited and trusted sellers like LifePal Pharmacy to ensure that you are getting original
- Watsons: Php 78 per capsule, Php 1,560 per box of 20. Buying the product from Watsons gives you the benefit of having to consult your pharmacist should you have any questions about the product itself. Plus, you can always stock up on your other skin care products once you’re at the
- Mercury Drug: Php 70 per capsule, Php 1,400 per box of 20. Being one of the leading drugstores in the country, you can always rely on Mercury Drug to have authentic products, especially nowadays that counterfeits are so rampant.
- Rose Pharmacy: Php 78 per capsule. According to their website, it is only sold per capsule but priced similarly to other drugstores, so a box of 20 would set you back Php 1,560.
- Joseph Drugstore: Php 74.50 per capsule. Similarly, their website only shows a per capsule price, thus, getting a box of 20 would cost you Php 1,490.
- Southstar Drug: Php 1,395 per box of 20. Their website doesn’t show an option to buy on a per-capsule basis, but they turn out to have the cheapest price at Php 69.75 per capsule, making them a great option if you are planning to buy in
Note that prices may vary and be subject to change.
It is generally understood that products like these do not work overnight. Despite all the amazing benefits and clinically proven effects, it will not give significant results after just a few days of taking it. It
should also be given time, like every other drug, to work. In this case, Pynocare is suggested to be continuously taken for a span of 8 weeks to see results.
The suggested dosage is 1 capsule twice daily, preferably after meals (breakfast and in the afternoon) for 8 weeks. Deeper melasma can take up to 12 weeks with the same 1 capsule twice daily dosage to see results. As for maintenance and prevention, one capsule a day can prevent melasma from coming back or from ever happening.
Investing in You
It is no question that for us to achieve our desired results, we must be willing to shell out some money. Given the prices from the different shops and drugstores mentioned above, a full 8-week treatment with Pynocare can run between PHP 7,812 and PHP 8,736 depending on where you buy it. Similarly, a full 12-week regimen can cost you PHP 8,736 up to PHP 13,104, depending on where you get it.
These may seem expensive, but given the duration of the treatment, and not to mention that most cosmetic products nowadays cost thousands of pesos for a few grams of serum or cream, it is money well spent.
- Grimes, P.E., Ijas, B.A., Nashawati, R., & Kwaka, D. (2019). New oral and topical approaches for the treatment of melasma. International Journal of Women’s Dermatology, 5(1), 30-36. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijwd.2018.09.004
- Packer, L., Rimbach, G., & Virgili, F. (1999). Antioxidant activity and biologic properties of a procyanidin-rich extract from pine (Pinus maritima) bark, pycnogenol. Free Radical Biology and Medicine, 27(5-6), pp. 704-724. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0891-5849(99)00090-8
PYNOCARE (Procyanidin + Ascorbic Acid + Betacarotene + d-Alpha-Tocopheryl Acetate)
The first and only oral medicine that is clinically proven to reduce Melasma or dark spots formation in just 8 weeks. Unlike creams, lotions, and gels, it has MSCC or Melasma Skin Clear Complexion Complex formulation that deeply penetrates the inner layers of the skin, to help normalize melanin levels, thus minimizing the appearance of dark spots in a short time.
Mega Lifesciences Limited Inc. or Mega We Care, is actively involved in helping millions of people have access to safe, effective, world-class quality nutritional & herbal supplements, OTC, and ethical products.